Friday 14 March 2014

The Edit | The Spring Face

So we've finally started to see the first signs of Spring and like most beauty obsessed person i've been looking through my stash and digging out some Spring appropriate products, some old favourites, some new but i've put away the berry tones and brought out the coral. I thought I would share one of my go to makeup combinations with you today. 


BASE:
So i've been using the Rimmel Stay Matte Primer (review) a lot lately, it feels light on the skin but manages to keep whatever I put on top from sliding off my face whilst controlling oil. After i've applied that I moved onto the Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream (review), this again feels light on the skin (I see a theme forming) whilst providing a decent amount of coverage and SPF 15. It covers redness really well too. If i'm having a spotty day I got in with the Seventeen Stay Time 18 Hour Concealer, this has a high coverage but doesn't feel cakey. I prefer something lighter under the eyes so I use the Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Eye Cream, this has just enough coverage for me and looks very natural and brightening. To set everything in place i've been testing the Vichy Dermablend Setting Powder, this just locks makeup in without feeling powdery. It controls oil seriously well. 
CHEEKS:
To add a bit of colour to the cheeks i've been using the NYC Sunny Bronzer, this is a light bronzer which adds just the right amount of bronze to the cheeks. For blush i've been loving the Topshop Cream Blushes, this one is Head Over Heels, a lovely coral colour, i've also been enjoying Morning Dew which is a bright pink. Applied lighter with finger tips add a nice bit of colour to the cheeks.
EYES:
Onto eyes, I've been applying the Clinique Chubby Stick for Eyes in Fuller Fudge all over the lid, blended out with the finger adds a nice bronzey colour to the eyes. If I fancy some more colour i've been using the cranberry shade in the Rimmel Brixton Browns Palette in the outer corners of the eyes. For mascara i've been using the L'oreal Miss Manga Mega Volume Mascara, not my favourite but does add some volume and length to the lashes. I forgot to photograph my go to brow pencil which is the L'oreal Super Liner Brow Artist in Blonde which I use all the time as it defines the brows nicely. 
LIPS:
Finally for lips i've been wearing the Maybelline Super Stay 14 Hour Lipstick in Stay With Me Coral, which as the name suggests, is a lovely pinky coral colour. This is a matte lipstick so I apply a little lip balm before hand to stop it being drying. 

So those are the products i've been reaching for to create a Spring appropriate face. Have you changed up your makeup recently, if so what products are you reaching for?
 

1 comment:

  1. You have all the makeup I want!! I really want to try the stay matte foundation and the manga mascara. And everything else to be honest!!

    xxx | daisydaisyxxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments, I always read them and try to answer any questions. Blogger does not notify you when I reply so you can always tweet me @HelenRamblesOn :)