Thursday 6 March 2014

Rimmel Stay Matte Primer - Reviewed!

I am definitely someone who loves primers yet seem to struggle to find the perfect one. I like one which controls oil yet doesn't have that silicone feeling to it, apparently this seems to be something that is pretty rare. After spotting Rimmel's new Stay Matte Primer in Boots I thought I might as well give it a try.
Rimmel Stay Matte Primer
Rimmel Stay Matte Primer
The packaging is nice and simple, I like the combination of the white and purple. It comes in a tube and is easy to dispense a small amount of product which is good because you don't need a lot. 
Rimmel Stay Matte Primer
Rimmel claim this to to be a lightweight formula to help minimise the appearance of pores. I would have to agree with this. The white cream applies nicely on the skin, I tend to focus the product on the center of my face and work outwards. It blends easily and you can tell straight away that the skin looks matte but not dry and creates a great base for whatever you apply on top. 
Rimmel Stay Matte Primer
It doesn't leave any white cast on the skin, i've tried this with a range of different foundation and BB Creams and with all of them it has made my makeup last longer as well as kept the oil at bay. I've been happy to see that base products which don't always last that long on my skin lasts a lot longer when I use this. If you have oily skin I would definitely recommend trying this because it is the best drugstore primer i've found. I didn't expect to love this but i've used it pretty much everyday since I bought it! 

Rimmel Stay Matte Primer retails for £5.99.

Have you tried this primer? What products do you use to keep the oils at bay?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comments, I always read them and try to answer any questions. Blogger does not notify you when I reply so you can always tweet me @HelenRamblesOn :)