Tuesday 29 January 2013

January Beauty Favourites!

Another month has gone by and have a load of beauty products to show you that i've been loving this month. With getting some beauty products for Christmas and treating myself to a few bits in the sales, I have a good amount of things to share with you so lets get into it!
The first favourite I have is a haircare product; the Tangle Teezer. I have put off getting this for so long because I felt I didn't need it. Well I was wrong, my hair is so knotty after washing it and this just glides through my hair easily and without breaking my hair. For that reason I definitely won't be without it again. Next is the Soap & Glory Smoothie Star Body Milk (review) I love everything about this product. It smells lovely and leaves my skin feeling very moisturised.
I only have two skincare favourites this month but these two are firm favourites for sure. First the Antipodes Divine Face Oil (feat in my Evening Skincare Routine), this is my first face oil i've tried and i'm in love with it. It isn't too oily at all yet it moisturises my skin and seems to be helping with my acne scars. Next is the Origins VitaZing SPF 15 (feat in my Morning Skincare Routine), this is the perfect light day moisturises and leaves a slight tint to the skin to help cancel out redness and make my skin look glowing. Perfect.
I rediscovered my love for the Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation (review) this month, it's a great Winter foundation because it really makes my skin look glowing and covers any blemishes nicely whilst feeling light on the skin. The foundation that i've been pairing with the Origins VitaZing SPF15 (review) to create the perfect base is the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua. The two together make the perfect light base for when i'm having more of a good skin day.
The blush i've been a little obsessed with is NARS Douceur (review), for me this is the perfect contouring blush for pale skin. It's the right amount of pink and brown to give you model like cheek bones. For eyeshadows there's been two stand out ones. First NARS Ondine (review) has been my go to one shadow taupe smokey eye. Can be suitable enough for everyday but then smoked up for the evening. The other is MAC Jaunty eyeshadow from the Hey Sailor! collection. I got this at a CCO and love it so much, it's the perfect champagne with a little something extra that looks amazing on it's own or with a matte brown in the crease. 
MAC Jaunty, NARS Ondine
This month (and December) has been all about the berry lip. i'm becoming a lot braver with my lip colours recently and these are my favourites. First up Rimmel Kate Moss Matte Lipsick in 107, when I first tried this I didn't think it suited me but this month i've rediscovered it and have worn it pretty much everyday. The other is the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Crush, this is a stain that can be applied suitable or more intense and lasts ages on the lips.
Rimmel Kate Moss 107, Revlon Balm Stain in Crush.
 
So those have been my favourite products for this month, I feel like i've discovered some gems this month for sure. What have been some of your favourite for January?

13 comments:

  1. Both the lip products are such gorgeous shades, lusting after them both x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're both so lovely, would definitely recommend them :)

      Delete
  2. Love allll these products! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the look of the eyeshadows! Oh and tangle teezers are a god send! Follow me at http://blackswanwhiteswan10.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  4. NARS Douceur is sooo pretty and quite popular in the blogging world. I suppose I should go try it out here soon!

    SimplySkinDeepBeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did a whole post on my love of Douceur, definitely would recommend it :)

      Delete
  5. Mac Jaunty looks gorgeous. Great picks, I love the Antipodes oil. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so pretty, the Antipodes oil is transforming my skin so much! :)

      Delete
  6. Great post! I love so many of those products! I need to try the tangle teaser!

    - Andrea Marie xx
    frominsidemycloset.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, the tangle teezer is a life saver :)

      Delete
  7. The revlon balm stain is such a amazing colour I've just found your blog and its such a great read I'm now following and I look forward to reading your future posts :) coleoftheballl33.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments, I always read them and try to answer any questions. Blogger does not notify you when I reply so you can always tweet me @HelenRamblesOn :)