Wednesday 10 October 2012

REN Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask - Reviewed!

This mask seems to have become very popular at the moment, i've had mine for a couple of months now but wanted to wait to share my thoughts on it. I will say the mask is similar to the Alpha H Liquid Gold treatment but in a mask form. It using the same AHA idea in removing dead skin cells quickly to make the skin appear smoother and look brighter. 
I love REN packaging, I love simple straight to the point packaging and REN don't disappoint in that area. Unlike Liquid Gold the REN Glycolactic Mask also uses fruit acids to help add brightness and radiance to the skin.
These ingredients help add to the fruity scent this mask has, think orange fruit pastels! This might be off putting to some people, personally it doesn't bother me and I find it pleasant. 
All REN masks come with a pump which is great for getting the right amount of product you need. The amount of product I use tends to vary, normally it is around 2-3 pumps because I like to makes sure my whole face is well covered; you could use less though. 
The product itself is a orange sticky consistency, because it is sticky I tend to find applying this with an old foundation brush is best because you don't waste product. I leave it on for around 10-15 minutes and it never full dries. I find it fairly easy to remove, the best way is with a muslin cloth to make sure there is no residue left behind. 
Before I go onto my thoughts I will say I do also use Liquid Gold so I didn't see amazing results when I first used this like some people because I already use a similar treatment. I do however find my skin feels lovely and smooth after using it and the next day my skin does look brighter and not as dull, which is great for this time of year. I don't think it helps with scarring as well as the Liquid Gold does but I do still love the results this gives. I use the masks once a week and I love having it as part of my skincare routine. 

I love the brand REN in general and this mask is very nice to use, I think I would buy it again and even though it is a little pricey using it once a week I think it would a good amount of time. 


Have you tried this mask?
 

 

6 comments:

  1. I really want to try this sounds great, just a little put off by the price
    clairemae.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The price is a bit high but definitely worth it :)

      Delete
  2. I've been using this once a week for a few months and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 30 GBP ermm..I cannot afford it!


    Join the Insane Blog hop

    I would love if you entered my giveaway:)
    ViVi Clothes Giveaway-Internationally Open

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just got a sample of this from Sephora, excited to try it out! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments, I always read them and try to answer any questions. Blogger does not notify you when I reply so you can always tweet me @HelenRamblesOn :)