Friday 6 January 2012

ELF Matte Lip Colour - Reviewed!

These are another fairly new product from the ELF Studio line and I now have the four colours that are available so I thought I would do a review on them. 
So they look like a thick lip liner, they come in a retractable pen format which I like because you don't need to sharpen them which I find can ruin the end of a liner. The formulation is nice, they are definitely a matte product so I do find that I need to wear a lip balm underneath but my lips are pretty dry at the moment so I tend to do that with every lip product I wear.

Onto the colours, as I said there is only four shades to choose from which isn't a lot but I think they might add to the line in the future.

L-R Tea Rose,Praline,Coral and Natural
'Tea Rose' is a purple toned pink colour which I tend to put a pink gloss over the top becuase it can  tend to make me look a bit dead on it's own. Lightly applied it looks fine though. 'Praline' is a brown toned colour which I don't wear a lot since i'm not a fan of brown colours on my lips but I think this would suit somone older than me. 'Coral' is a lovely orange toned pink which would be perfect for the summer time, I really like this shade becuase it is very easy to wear. Finally 'Natural' is a lovely pink 'my lips but better colour' this is one of my go-to everday colour and it is always in my handbag.

All in all I think these are another great product from ELF and they last really well on the lips and wears very well throughout the day. I definitely hope they add some more colours soon, I would love to see a red colour in this range. I love how easy they are to apply because they are like a lip liner and lipstick in one. 

ELF Matte Lip Colour's are available online here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comments, I always read them and try to answer any questions. Blogger does not notify you when I reply so you can always tweet me @HelenRamblesOn :)